1. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
2. There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: "abstemious" and "facetious."
3. There are more chickens than people in the world.
4. The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.
5. The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
6. Maine is the only American state whose name is just one syllable.
7. Butterflies taste with their feet.
8. There are only four words in the English language which end in "dous": tremendous, horrendous, hazardous, and stupendous.
9. "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
10. The sentence: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter of the alphabet.
11. The Bible, the world's best-selling book, is also the world's most shoplifted book.
12. Someone paid $14,000 for the bra worn by Marilyn Monroe in the film 'Some Like It Hot'.
13. Your tongue is the only muscle in your body that is attached at only one end.
14. More than 1,000 different languages are spoken on the continent of Africa.
15. In the U.S.A over eleven thousand people (up until the end of 2003) have visited a tortilla chip that appears to have the face of Jesus Christ burned into it?
16. A kiss lasting one minute can burns around 30 calories.
17. Buckingham Palace in England has over six hundred rooms.
18. There was once an undersea post office in the Bahamas.
19. Abraham Lincoln's mother died when she drank the milk of a cow that grazed on poisonous snakeroot.
20. After the death of Albert Einstein his brain was removed by a pathologist and put in a jar for future study.
Post a Comment