It is capable of making / changing USB into bootable disk. It reduces the disk cost. Say, CD/DVD for a booting purpose.
We can create bootable USB from Linux distro, Ubuntu, Linux mint, Debian Live, Netinst, Backtrack, Kali Linux, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Puppy Linux, Linux Distros for Kids, Live Antivirus Rescue disk, Other Non-Linux based Software, Windows Operating System and even unlisted other distribution.
It also provides direct download link or a download page link of a distribution we aim to use.
I have shown an example using Ubuntu 13.10 iso file.
1) Download Universal USB Installer using this link.
2) Open the setup file. And click “I Agree”.
i) Select the “Distribution O/S Name” from the drop down list.
ii) Browse for .iso file.
iii) Select your USB drive letter.
iv) Tick the format button.
v) Click “Create”
3) Action window appears, Click “Yes”.
4) Wait until the files get copied to USB
5) Click “Close” to conform.
6) USB is finally changed to “Bootable”.